Applies to Word 2010 and Outlook 2010
This method allows you to copy tracked changes in a Word document and paste into an email message in Outlook 2010, and retain the marked up text. Previous methods of doing this in Office 2003 do not work in Office 2010 (the old Ctrl+F3 and Ctrl+Shift+F3 in 2003).
First you must turn on the Developer Ribbon:
- In Word 2010, select the File tab, and then choose Options.
- Select Customize Ribbon.
- Then check the box next to Developer.
- Click OK.
Select and Group Text
- Select the text you wish to copy.
- Turn off Track Changes (Review / Track Changes button)
- Select the Developer tab
- Click the Group button, then select Group.
- Copy the text.
- Paste the text into your email message.
Tip: Click Paste Options button to adjust formatting as needed.
Note: you will not be able to control Track Changes from within your email.